How do I volunteer?
If you want to get involved with any of the opportunities listed below, please email our volunteer co-ordinator, Karen Matt, at email@example.com . Karen will connect you with the correct person for the job. Please include your name, your child's name and child's year of birth in the email in order to direct you to the appropriate program coordinator. Coaches and assistant
coaches also have the option of expressing interest to volunteer
directly on the registration form when registering their child.
The following volunteer opportunities are available:
Want to help out with a soccer team or the club in general?
We are always looking for great people to help out.
Join us and become a:
- member of the board of directors
- organize an age group
- share your ideas
- become a director
- organize and hand out equipment
- team coach
- organize and run drills for the summer season
- coaches will be provided with resources to help them run a successful program
- full lessons will be available for the younger age groups and sample drills for the older kids
- team assistant coach
- work with the team coach as needed
- team manager
- usually picked once teams have been formed
- organize the team snack/freezie schedule
- send out email reminders about upcoming games and practices
- communicate with the team in case of last minute schedule changes
- enter team into tournaments (talons teams only)
Looking to get your volunteer hours doing something you enjoy?
- equipment sort out (April/ early May)
- work under supervision of a board member to help get organized for the summer soccer season
- get kits ready for coaches
- clip boards
- assistant coach for a team (throughout summer season)
- help a parent volunteer run through soccer drills
- help do line changes during games
- help setting up and taking down equipment for drills
- canteen staff at year end festival (August)
- sales person on site for food, drinks, etc
- help move supplies to get canteen set up and taken down
- festival volunteer (August)
- help put up and take down tents and corner flags for festival